Exercise of the Month
This exercise strengthens the action for conscious bladder control and targets the
gluteus (butt) muscles,
- pelvic floor muscles,
back muscles and
- inner thighs.
- Lie flat on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor.
- Place the ball, pillow or towel between your knees.
- Keep your arms at your side with your palms down.
- Raise your pelvis until your body is in a straight line from shoulders to knees.
- Release any access abdominal tensioning as you are elevating your pelvis.
In the same time:
- Squeeze your knees together
- Squeeze your bum
- Zip Up
Hold for 3, 5 or 7 seconds
- Release the contractions and allow your pelvis to relax down an inch.
- Perform a Power Zip Up with the knee and bum squeeze and elevate your pelvic back an inch.
- As you release the Power Zip Up also release the knee and bum contraction and release your pelvis down an inch.
- Repeat the Power Zip Up/knee/bum contraction and release 3, 5 or 7 times in a row.
- Relax your pelvis back down to the floor and let go of all muscles that were involved in this exercises.
- Take 2 deep breaths (or more).
When is the best time to do this?
- Before the Discreetly Fit Training as the warm up
- After the Discreetly Fit Training (you can skip the pelvic lift)
- Any other time
Suggested Number of Repetitions
Repeat this exercise 3, 5 or 7 times.