A pessary is an intravaginal device. Once inserted, it lifts the prolapsing organ and then wedges itself inside to hold it up. By doing so, it can control prolapse symptoms, help women to be more comfortable, and maintain quality of life, activity levels, and self-esteem without surgery.
Even though up to 85 percent of women with prolapse can be successfully fitted with a pessary, many have either never heard of a pessary or are very reluctant to try one.
In this interview, Gaynor Morgan is answering the most frequently asked questions regarding the use of a pessary. Gaynor is Europe’s leading pessary expert, an adviser to pessary designers and manufacturers and a trainer to physiotherapists and doctors in the UK and throughout mainland Europe.
This information is for you:
- If you have a prolapse and wish to avoid or can’t have surgery.
- If you are at risk of having a prolapse and want to be proactive in preventing one.
- If you experience stress incontinence.
- If you are a runner or indulge in high impact or heavy-duty exercise.
- If you want to educate yourself about prolapse and its management options.
I can help
If you have any questions I would love to hear from you. I promise to get back to you as soon as humanly possible.