This time-efficient, budget friendly, fully guided online program will enable you to increase your pelvic floor muscle strength in just a couple of months, with unwavering support every step of the way.
This program is comprised of two phases.
This program was last updated in June 2020.
Study Group ~ Pelvic Floor Exercises & Strategies
February 6 ~ February 28
All our exercises and strategies are tried and tested and are strictly based on physiotherapy and strength-training principles.
Study time: 1hr/week x 4 weeks
Live Zoom Session: Sundays @ 9 a.m. If you can’t make it to the live session, you can watch the recorded videos later.
Practice times for exercises may vary depending on your ability and are approximately 10 minutes/day. Everything else you learn is implemented during your everyday activities.
Support is available via a Private Facebook Group or email.
What you’ll learn
PELVIC FLOOR MUSCLE TRAINING
You will learn five pelvic floor exercises with high strengthening potential. These are assembled into 5- to 10-minute training routines. Our specialised teaching method makes it easy and fun to learn these exercises. By the end of this phase, you will know exactly what to do. You will be armed with two different routines and will have access to many more in Phase 2.
- Find Your Pelvic Floor ~ Contract the right muscles without a doubt.
- Get Things Right ~ Train with the perfect technique in confidence.
- Power Up Your Training ~ It’s definitely not clenching at the traffic light. Exercise for guaranteed results.
- Expand Your Exercise Selection ~ Cover all crucial areas of muscle development.
- Training Sequences ~ Equip yourself with 2 structured routines.
- Training Guidelines ~ Learn everything about how to apply your training for the maximum benefit.
- Practicing with Audio Files – Enhance the quality of your exercise with voice-guided training.
Implementing pelvic floor consciousness into your daily life takes no extra time. Magically, however, it has an immensely positive influence on pelvic floor function. Some of our strategies will provide an instant boost to your pelvic floor power, while others will protect its condition for years to come.
- Pelvic Floor Basics ~ Understand your base so you can treat it right.
- Safeguarding Bowel Control ~ Preserve your ability to control poo and gas. Ward off hemorrhoids.
- Protecting Optimal Vaginal Tone ~ Increase pelvic organ support and orgasmic potential.
- Securing Reliable Bladder Control ~ Avoid wee incidents and rushing to the loo.
- Breathing for Pelvic Floor Strength ~ Take full advantage of the core-connection.
- Everyday Protective Postures ~ Build consciousness in movement.
- Managing Pelvic Floor Pressure – Lighten the workload on your base.
- Boosting Pelvic Floor Power ~ Instantly rev up your pelvic floor when needed.
Practice Group ~ 30 Day Reform
March 1 ~ March 30
Practice times for exercises is 10 minutes/day. Everything else is implemented during your everyday activities.
Support is available via a Private Facebook Group or email.
What you’ll practice
Perform Pelvic Floor Exercises Regularly
- Pelvic Floor Training Collection ~ Exercise from a selection of 10 training routines to keep things interesting for your pelvic floor and your mind.
- Audio Files ~ Achieve the best quality training by exercising with voice guidance for guaranteed results.
- Training Logs ~ Challenge yourself to conquer 30 training logs over 30 days, sent via email or text.
Be Motivated by Professional Guidance & Support
- Timely Messages ~ We’ll stay in touch with you to ensure you’ll always know what you’re supposed to be doing.
- Ask Away ~ No question is too big or too small. Ask us anything about your pelvic floor. at our private Facebook Group or via email.
- Library of Q&A ~ Browse our history of previous queries and our replies.
- Have Fun ~ We’ll spice up the program with a special challenge for extra enjoyment (participation is optional).
Get Your Body Moving
- Special Pelvic Floor Focus ~ Each exercise is designed to enhance the effectiveness of your pelvic floor training.
- Extra Benefits ~ Tone, strengthen, and enhance core function.
- Select From the Hub ~ Suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
- Relaxation Tracks ~ Reward yourself with a few minutes of time out and release tension from every part of your body.
Dedicated Personal Support
Kathi Janssens ~ Program Facilitator
Hi, I’m Kathi Janssens, the program facilitator of My Pelvic Floor Project. I can completely understand if the prospect of learning pelvic floor exercises online leaves you feeling uncertain. You may not feel confident that you can learn such exercises correctly. Rest assured, my teaching method, which I’ve developed and practiced for over 15 years, will bring out your natural ability to connect with your pelvic floor. However, in the unlikely event that you get stuck or feel unsure, I’ll be right there to help you. You will be guided and supported to learn step-by-step, slowly, progressively, according to precise guidelines and corresponding explanations.
I’m not going to leave you alone. You will be able to ask questions and receive answers during our live sessions, in our private Facebook group or via email.
I hope you join in and I can have the privilege to share this journey with you.
This program included a library of resources. These can help to avoid and fix commonly experienced issues in the pelvic base.
- Self Exam ~ Detect problems early for easier remedy.
- Managing Urgencies ~ Take charge of your bladder. Stop emergency visits to the loo, jiggling at the front door, and frequent bathroom visits.
- Abdominal Massage ~ Get things moving when you’re constipated.
- Preventing Urinary Tract Infections~ How to avoid reoccurring incidents.
- Managing Prolapse ~ Simple tips to stop your pelvic floor from travelling south.
- Preventing Vaginal Infections ~ How to keep away the yeast beast.
- Breath Practice – Finding your diaphragmatic breath.
Premium PlusMy Pelvic Floor Works
- Limited spots for personalised attention.
- 5 Early Bird Sign Ups
- Fully Guided Online Learning
- 2 months in duration
- Premium Course Content (Phase 1)
- 30-Day Reform (Phase 2)
- 4 x 1-hour live online workshops
- Private Facebook Group
- Approx. 10 min/day independent exercise practice
- Access to Audio Training Files
- Downloadable Notes
- Bonus Resources
- Unlimited Help Desk Support
What happens after I sign up?
I missed out this time. Are you running this program again?
Yes, this program is offered every February, June, and October. Pop your name on the waiting list and you’ll be the first to know when enrolments open.
When is the first online live class?
Our first online live class is going to be on Sunday the 4th of October, 9 am, Sydney time.
Do I need to make it to the live sessions?
Yes, it’s highly recommended to attend the live sessions so you can progress with the group and ask questions at the time of learning. If you’re unable to make it, the recording of the session will be available for viewing, so you can catch up.
Do I need to be on Facebook?
We’ll use Facebook private groups for communication. It’s highly recommended for you to join however the choice is up to you.
What technology do I need?
You can use any technology with a screen and microphone that’s able to connect to the internet. You will be able to join our Zoom sessions via a link that will be emailed to you. It’s a very easy platform to use.
Do I need a special set up?
You don’t need to invest in anything for setting up your learning space. You will need to be able to lie down, however, it’s ok if you can’t see the screen at that time, as your eyes will be closed to learn anyway, so as long as you can hear the sound of the computer, you’re set.
Is this right for me?
This is because the pelvic floor muscles always respond with increased strength to correctly performed, specifically targeted exercises.
So, pelvic floor training can help to remedy muscle weakness related bladder/bowel control issues and prolapse.
Will I be able to do this?
Will this work for me?
Is this safe?
Our consultant, pelvic health physiotherapist, Mary O’Dwyer, has worked closely with us to create programs that reflect the latest health and exercise research.
There are no fads, trends or gadgets involved. We teach you only what research has proved will work.
Who shouldn't sign up?
If you’re seeking professional development in the field of pelvic floor health this course probably isn’t right for you.
If your pelvic floor muscles are unable to relax this course isn’t right for you either at this particular point in time. Click here to see if you’re at risk of having hypertonic muscles.
How long before I see results?
How are your exercises different from what I can google?
We then developed these exercises into engaging training routines. These can be practised with our audio files to ensure best-quality performance and assist in adherence to training. To keep things interesting, new routines are produced three times a year.
How will I learn your exercises?
Our teaching method was developed and refined by experts over 10 years of face-to-face teaching with Real-Time Ultrasounds. So, we can help you to learn our training in the correct way.
You will be guided and supported to learn step-by-step, slowly, progressively according to precise guidelines and explanation.
Do I need to learn your strategies as well as your exercises?
Your pelvic floor power will be given an immediate boost by some of our strategies, while others are designed to improve and sustain its condition over time.
I’m seeing a physio/gynaecologist, will I still benefit from this program?
- take your pelvic floor exercises to the next level and
- expand on the information you have already received from your healthcare providers.
What’s more, we’ll help you to stay on track with your pelvic floor self-management practices with our regular online program, the 30-Day Pelvic Floor Reform.
Is this for you?
“My Pelvic Floor Works” is perfect for you if…
- You are a woman who wants to secure long-term, reliable pelvic floor function.
- You’d like to recover your pelvic floor (even years) after childbirth.
- You want to counteract the weakening impact of menopause.
- You’re in the pre- or post-surgery stage following pelvic floor repair or a hysterectomy.
- You have already received treatment and want to safeguard the results.
- You want to live without worrying about pelvic floor issues.
Kathi (Katalin) Janssens – Phase 1 & Phase 2
Creator, Program Director, Exercise (Physio) Therapist & Women’s Health Educator
For the past 15 years, Kathi has facilitated and continuously revised the Discreetly Fit Program, also providing personal support for those women who join in.
Kathi is an ex-Hungarian, Olympic-level gymnast turned women’s health educator.
She has completed a Diploma Course in Exercise (Physio) Therapy with the prestigious Hungarian Semmelweis University of Health Sciences.
In addition to her employment experience with world-leading fitness clubs around the world, Kathi worked as a presenter for Nike and Reebok, and as a Sports and Fitness Program Coordinator for the Dubai Police Force. She was also a presenter at the 2018 Women’s Health and Fitness Summit in Melbourne.